BuildingGreen member price:$99
non-member price: $129
The BuildingGreen Guide to Insulation Products and Practices comes with BuildingGreen's 100% money-back guarantee: If it doesn't save you many hours of insulation research, we'll cheerfully refund its modest price.
When it comes to enhancing building energy performance, insulation is the lowest-hanging fruit available. Yet no other building element offers so much potential for confusion and costly mistakes.
The BuildingGreen Guide to Insulation Products and Practices provides accurate, non-biased guidance on how to choose from among the full range of insulation materials in use today. In 81 tightly focused pages, you'll get the full story:
- how insulation works and why certain materials make more sense than others in particular applications
- how insulation performance is measured and reported
- the range of environmental considerations that come into play with different insulation materials
Properties of Every Major Type of Insulation Material
- what's in them
- how they perform relative to R-value, permeability, and moisture resistance
- environmental pros and cons
- where they should be used in buildings
- how costs compare
- the special concerns you should watch out for
The Industry's Most Valuable Chart for Guiding Insulation Choices
- guidance for every major application: residential or commercial, interior and exterior sheathing and foundation walls, and from roof to sub-slab
- BuildingGreen's Top Pick for each application
- When and why to consider a material other than BuildingGreen's top recommendation
- environmental and health considerations for each material
- performance and cost issues
This go-to source for everything a design professional needs to know about insulation materials costs less than the price of 100 square feet of R-19 fiberglass batts. Yet you'll find it applicable and essential for every building project you undertake.