Product and Marketing Manager
BuildingGreen, Inc. is a B Corp certified company that exists to foster a thriving and equitable world by helping to develop a regenerative and resilient built environment. We seek to do this by facilitating collaboration, learning, and trust to accelerate the transformation of the building industry into a force for positive change. Established in 1985, we have played a long and pivotal role in supporting the evolution of the green building movement through a range of innovative resources and offerings designed to support the needs of the champions at the forefront of shaping this industry.
Now, as we look to the future, we are rethinking and sharpening the way we talk about our work and offerings in the marketplace in order to drive even greater value for our customers. To support and help spearhead these efforts, we are looking for an experienced and passionate marketer and product manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for shepherding strategy and outreach for our overarching corporate brand strategy as well as our specific products: editorial content, peer networks and consulting. To be successful, this person will need to have both demonstrated experience in marketing and digital product management as well as a creativity and commitment to help us shape our business to drive even greater impact in the world.
The BuildingGreen Product and Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing and brand management for the company as a whole. In addition, they manage product development and continuous improvement for the company’s industry-leading information resources, including two web-based products and an array of associated courses and reports. In this Product Manager role they collaborate closely with the Editorial Director on content and with the Web Development team on user experience and functionality. The Marketing Manager role encompasses these information resources along with BuildingGreen’s two other profit centers: Sustainability Leader Peer Networks and sustainable design consulting
Core tasks include:
- Develop, govern and implement our annual marketing plan for all BuildingGreen profit centers to support the acquisition of new customers, with special focus on the opportunities for cross-selling between the profit centers.
- Manage ongoing evaluation and improvement of the overall product strategy and the features, content, and design of our information resources.
- Execute and continually improve existing email and social media marketing programs.
- Develop and refine product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyers.
- Design and execute market research to understand our customers and potential customers: who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape.
- Analyze existing data and develop new sources of data to understand customer satisfaction and areas for improvement to enhance customer retention.
- Establish and use metrics to track customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
With approximately 5-7 years of experience, the Product and Marketing Manager should be well-versed in both product management and marketing and should have a combination of hard and soft skills to do their job effectively. Some of their key skills include:
- Product management skills
- Marketing expertise
- Mailchimp and Google Analytics proficiency
- Familiarity with SalesForce
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
In-person and/or remote. Salary range dependent on experience: $50-65,000. To apply send COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com