PEER NETWORKS ADMINISTRATOR
BuildingGreen champions the changemakers in sustainable design and building. Our goal is to inspire critical thinking and collaboration that moves the building industry toward a deeper focus on creating a healthy, resilient, and more equitable world.
Since 1985, we have been the essential green building source, where trusted insight resides, knowledge is shared, unparalleled education takes place, and thought leaders interact in transforming the sustainable building movement. Our knowledge base reaches thousands of architecture and design firms, college campuses, project teams, and individual professionals in service of a mission to transform the building industry as a force for positive change. For more about the company and team you will be working with, please see our about page here: https://www.buildinggreen.com/about
BuildingGreen hosts a well-established community of Peer Networks (PNs) which provide support and knowledge to help advance building professionals in their sustainable leadership practice. These networks are a critical facet of community building that provide a dynamic and neutral space for professionals to openly share, create and bond. BuildingGreen holds these networks and the changemakers who comprise them in the highest regard.
The Peer Networks Administrator provides support across the spectrum of networks. This includes direct assistance for the Peer Networks Manager and team, scheduling meetings, taking notes, coordinating event details and logistics and more. This is a key support role that helps ensure we are meeting the needs of our community and in turn advancing the mission of BuildingGreen.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is driven by a passion for environmental stewardship and social justice, specifically in the realm of sustainable design and building. The Peer Networks Administrator will be skilled at building trust and strong relationships with diverse partners and will be able to prioritize competing work assignments and priorities, problem solve, and manage multiple deadlines. They are someone who loves working in the details, while providing exceptional customer service and care to our esteemed Network members.
Additional Candidate Qualities:
- Skilled at culturally competent communications, with a tactful and professional customer-centric mindset approach
- Masterful at juggling competing priorities while remaining organized, with strong project management skills
- Excels at tasks requiring high attention to detail and accuracy in a dynamic environment
- Possesses creative and critical thinking skills
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with accountability and responsibility
Commitment to Culture & Values:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of BuildingGreen
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment with our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external partners
- Personal qualities of humility and empathy
Education & Experience
A candidate with two to three years of experience (may include professional work or other relevant experience) is required for this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 32 hours per week with the option of working remotely and/or in our Brattleboro, VT office. For remote candidates, priority consideration will be given to those in Eastern or Central time zones.
$20 per hour
- Medical and dental benefits offered for employee and eligible dependents after 60 days of employment
- Retirement savings account (IRA) with a matching contribution of up to 3% annually after 6-months of employment
- Two weeks of paid vacation in the first year of work
- Ten paid sick days per year
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Professional development initiatives for growth
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2023 with “Peer Networks Administrator:” and your name in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at BuildingGreen, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic established under law.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, trans and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
BuildingGreen is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, BuildingGreen will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 800-861-0954 ext. 195