BuildingGreen champions the changemakers in sustainable design and building. Our goal is to inspire critical thinking and collaboration that moves the building industry toward a deeper focus on creating a healthy, resilient, and more equitable world.
Since 1985, we have been the essential green building source, where trusted insight resides, knowledge is shared, unparalleled education takes place, and thought leaders interact in transforming the sustainable building movement. Our knowledge base reaches thousands of architecture and design firms, college campuses, project teams, and individual professionals in service of a mission to transform the building industry as a force for positive change. For more about the company and team you will be working with, please see our about page here:
This is a key role managing finances and advising leadership regarding the fiscal health of the Company. The Finance Manager performs the day-to-day financial transactions and reporting for BuildingGreen and leads the Company’s budgeting process. The Finance Manager is also responsible for maintaining and implementing the accounting systems and procedures used to collect, analyze, verify, and report the Company's financial data.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates driven by a passion for environmental stewardship and social justice. The Finance Manager is someone who has experience:
- Evaluating, developing, and improving financial controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Producing accurate and regular financial deliverables and records
- Processing accounts payables and receivables
- Ensuring all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors, and contractors
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business
- Processing payroll
Additional Candidate Qualities:
- Skilled at culturally competent communications with a customer-centric mindset
- Proficient at juggling competing priorities while remaining organized, with strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in a dynamic environment
- Possesses creative and critical thinking skills
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with accountability and responsibility
Commitment to Culture & Values:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of BuildingGreen as a Certified B Corp
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment with our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong relationship building, high ethical standards, discretion and tact
- Personal qualities of humility and empathy
Education & Experience
- A candidate with a minimum of three to five years financial management experience is required for this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a part-time position, 28-32 hours per week with a preference for candidates who can work from our Brattleboro VT office or in a hybrid configuration. However remote candidates in EST will also be considered.
- $42,000- $50,000 annually
- Medical and dental benefits offered for employee and eligible dependents after 60 days of employment
- Retirement savings account (IRA) with a matching contribution of up to 3% annually after 6-months of employment
- Two weeks of paid vacation in the first year of work
- Ten paid sick days per year
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Professional development initiatives for growth
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
For consideration,please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2022 with “Finance Manager:” and your name in the subject line.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at BuildingGreen, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic established under law.
BuildingGreen is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, BuildingGreen will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 800-861-0954 ext. 195