Are you super organized? Do you like working in teams? Are you comfortable with online and mobile technologies? We’re a consulting and publishing company with a strong national following within the green building industry that recently became B Corp certified. This position is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day administration of the office while providing employees a well-kept, safe place to work. This is not a remote position, the work will be performed in our office in Brattleboro, VT.
Working on the BuildingGreen team gives you the opportunity to put your skills to the test, independently and collaboratively. It is truly rewarding to have the opportunity to grow professionally while working with a team that is mission-driven and working towards a better, brighter future. We have a commitment to diversity and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups.
This position is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day administration of the office providing employees a safe place to work by overseeing all office functions, administrative support, and purchasing and tracking employee digital and office equipment.
The person who succeeds in this position possesses the following skills and attributes:
- A strong grounding in administrative work
- Great with tracking details and a variety of priorities
- Proactively make sure office supplies are available
- Reliable and consistent in meeting work commitments
- Comfortable with web-based applications as well as have the ability to master new software as the company's systems evolve
- Comfort with troubleshooting common computer equipment issues
- Strong relationship-building and verbal communication skills both in-person and online, as well as work well on your own
- A motivated learner. You have the ability to be proactive and ask questions about tasks when needed.
- Ability to commute/relocate required, this is not a remote position: Brattleboro, VT 05301:
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- US work authorization (Required)
- Familiarity with MAC operating systems (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Parental Leave
- Employee assistance program
Pay and Hours:
- Monday through Friday, but with some flexibility as needed, part-time (20 hours) a week, pay $20.00 per hour; typically 4 hours a day
- Clear room for advancement
- This is not a remote position
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
- When sending your resume, be sure to:
- Share a brief explanation as to why you want to work here
- Why you are qualified for this position
- Please apply through Indeed. Here is the link.
COVID-19 considerations: BuildingGreen follows all guidance from the CDC and the VT Department of Health. Masks must be worn when in any common area of the office.