Celebrating BuildingGreen’s Top 10 Products for 2024 , 59 minutes
Join Brent Ehrlich, BuildingGreen’s products & materials specialist, as he unveils ten innovative technologies he believes are solving the building industry’s biggest challenges.
For 2024, we’ve showcased products that nix toxic chemicals, advance efficient electrification, cut embodied carbon, promote healthier jobsites, and more.
The BuildingGreen team has been running its Top 10 program for more than 20 years, and it’s completely unique. Here’s why:
- Brent and the BuildingGreen team hand-select the Top 10 products each year, choosing only those that significantly improve upon business-as-usual practices—and only in ways we think could transform the building industry.
- We’re an independent company, and we don’t have ads or sponsorships. So if you’re remembering certain other pay-to-play product “awards,” complete with listicles and affiliate links, think again.
- Brent doesn’t just parrot manufacturer talking points. In this webinar, you’ll get his candid and complete take—not only on what problems he thinks a product solves (and how it does that) but also on any limitations, caveats, or tradeoffs to keep in mind.
- BuildingGreen’s Top 10 Product selection draws upon decades of broad and deep product expertise and knowledge. Brent and the editorial team are always researching new products and technologies, but that’s not all. He and others on our consulting team are also in the thick of real-world decision making—working with owners and project teams on selection criteria, vetting, and those tricky conversations we all know and love about performance, cost, and the risks of working with unknowns.
In short, Brent knows his stuff—and sharing that knowledge with you is a huge part of BuildingGreen’s mission.
So join us in celebrating the Top 10 for 2024!
Brent excels at deep, unbiased, and nuanced technical research on the health and environmental impacts of green building products and materials. Some areas of focus include:
- product and material constituents, including their risks
- product certifications
- third-party product and material testing frameworks
- ensuring functional performance
- LEED Materials & Resources requirements
- life-cycle assessment
- the performance advantages and environmental impacts of different structural materials
Brent also serves as products editor at BuildingGreen, writing or editing all the company’s product-related publications and leading a team of editors who select industry-leading products for the company’s green building product database. In this role, he also oversees BuildingGreen’s annual award program—the Top 10 Green Building Products.
Paula is an accomplished writer and speaker who brings passion, humor, and discernment to all her work.
Whether it’s a spotlight report on decarbonization, a webinar on ESG, or just a chummy email bulletin, she is ferociously committed to truth, accuracy, and thoroughly knowing her stuff. Paula manages content strategy and publications at BuildingGreen and has been a speaker at the AIA Conference on Architecture, Greenbuild, and many other venues.
With an MFA in creative writing from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop—and a background in both journalism and socially responsible marketing—Paula has been researching and writing about health, sustainability, and related topics for more than 25 years.