Inviting MEP to the Embodied Carbon Party
MEP systems contribute to both the initial construction and lifetime embodied carbon footprint of an example office building. This MEP footprint begins at construction and grows over time is due to operations, refrigerant leakage, and replacement.
The Sustainable MEP Leaders group, organized by BuildingGreen, is a group of motivated individuals, representing many of the leading engineering firms in North America, including most of the signatories on this letter. Our teams include tens of thousands of MEP engineers practicing in the US market.
Below are some relevant links for anyone who wishes to learn more and join in the conversation:
- Please use this Google form to sign on to join this effort and be notified about follow-up activities.
- Here’s a letter from major property owners declaring their expectation that suppliers will provide embodied carbon data.
- Join the Carbon Leadership Forum, and its MEP Community.
- For background and updates on embodied carbon, see BuildingGreen’s Embodied Carbon page.
- And any product manufacturers who want help navigating the world of transparency disclosures and certifications and understand the ROI of these investments can start with BuildingGreen’s resources for product manufacturers.
(2021, March 22). Inviting MEP to the Embodied Carbon Party. Retrieved from https://www.buildinggreen.com/blog/inviting-mep-embodied-carbon-party