Biophilia a Hallmark of COTE Top Ten for 2020
The American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environment (COTE) has announced its Top Ten projects for 2020. If one theme shows through, it’s the almost universal embrace of natural daylight and plantings, along with commonalities like exposed wood and indoor/outdoor spaces.
Two awards went to Lake|Flato, while a record three went to Gensler. Four of the projects were existing building renovations.
This year’s jury:
- Robert Berkebile, FAIA, BNIM Architects
- Roy Decker, FAIA, Duvall Decker Architects
- William Horgan, Assoc. AIA, Grimshaw
- Vivian Loftness, FAIA, Carnegie Mellon University
- Andrea Love, AIA, Payette
Melton, P. (2020, May 21). Biophilia a Hallmark of COTE Top Ten for 2020. Retrieved from https://www.buildinggreen.com/news-analysis/biophilia-hallmark-cote-top-ten-2020