The best products...
- Use formaldehyde-free binders (acoustic ceiling tiles) or have third-party testing to verify compliance with CDPH Standard Method
- Have a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of at least 0.80 (80%)
- Have a light reflectance greater than 0.85
- Are FSC certified (wood products)
- Have high recycled content and transparency documentation (metal ceiling panels)
But watch out for...
- Products with formaldehyde-based resins
- Products that contain antimicrobials, and are touting health or performance benefits
- Products with poor acoustical performance