Energy Benefits of Temperfect Chair Take Backseat to Comfort
by Erin Weaver
Industry guidelines like ASHRAE Standard 55-2010 say offices should be comfortable for 80% of their occupants. What about the other 20%? or those who work late or on weekends?
Heating or cooling an entire office is wasteful, and space heaters use a lot of energy. Some offices create “personal microclimates” by giving individual occupants control of airflow through floor diffusers or desktop nozzles, but that heated or cooled airflow quickly disperses. An office chair with its own heating and cooling controlled by a dial is the solution being offered by Arizona company Tempronics, and some energy experts are taking notice.
Published March 1, 2013
Weaver, E. (2013, March 1). Energy Benefits of Temperfect Chair Take Backseat to Comfort. Retrieved from https://www.buildinggreen.com/product-review/energy-benefits-temperfect-chair-take-backseat-comfort